Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week #45

I was able to send you a ton of pictures this week, so I hope you like them.  These are all from my companions camera.  My camera works, but it's really picky with computers, so I don't have the time or patience to send you one's from mine.  But, I hope you enjoy these ones, especially the one of me imitating Dad's chicken-foot-in-the-mouth picture from his mission.

We had a really good week this week, probably the best that I have had here in Brazil.  We had a lot of contact with people, had some new investigators come to church this week, and some really good meetings with the leadership of the branch.  We are still having struggles getting everything worked out with Marcelo so that he can get baptized, but we're hoping that his schedule works out so that one, he can go to church and stay active, and two, actually get baptized.

I went on a trade-off this week up to Leporace with Elder Cardoso, one of our zone leaders this week, which was super fun.  Trade-offs are good because it gives you a chance to see the way other missionaries approach their work.  You can implement what you like and discard what you don't like and become a better person and missionary.

Sacrament meeting was really good this week, too.  The best part was that I think I have really, finally learned to do missionary work because I love the people.  It is one thing to go through the motions and fulfill all the steps because someone told you to, and it's totally another thing to preach with sincerity and love because the Gospel is something that you truly, purely appreciate and love.  I know that I have a long ways to go, but I feel like I am really making some progress with this.  I'm not perfect, but perfect love never faileth, so we can always hope for great success when you really love the people that you are working with.

That's what I've got for you this week.  I think about all of you during the week and how much I love you.  Thanks for all of your support, kind words, and pictures of that chunky Penny-girl.  Super cute.

Y'all are the best.
Sincerely,

Jack

























No comments:

Post a Comment