Monday, June 3, 2013

Week #13

Dear family,

First of all:
When I saw that in Mom's letter, I laughed out loud and the other missionaries gave me some weird looks.
Anyways, back to business.  How are things going?  Everything has still been going well here in Valdosta.  I only have a couple more weeks left here in Valdosta before they pull me back to Florida, which is extremely weird to think.  I have had such an amazing time here, especially with some of our new investigators. 
 
We had a couple of investigators come to church this Sunday, Yvonne and Johnny.  Both of them had really good experiences and we have great hopes for them.  Yvonne is probably in her 40's and was actually a referral from Larry Johnson, who we've been working with for a while.  She has a baptismal date and is progressing really quickly.  Hopefully I won't get my visa before her baptism, because I really want to be here for it if everything goes through.  Johnny's experience was also awesome.  We had our first lesson with him last week and he was really receptive, but we didn't really think he understood the weight of our message.  He made it to church and we had a solid fast and testimony meeting.  His eyes were glued on those that were speaking, and after the meeting he told us that he had a lot of different feelings going on in his mind and heart.  We think the spirit of the meeting kind of hit him, and he's beginning to understand what he's getting into.
 
We finally got in contact with Betty again, and are going to see her tonight, which will be great!
 
I am sorry that I don't really have anything eventful to tell you about concerning things going on around here.  Everyday goes pretty routinely, but that is the way it should be because I am having the best experience of my life.  I write a lot in my letters and in my journals about our investigators because, honestly, that is what we do.  We just talk with people all day long and help them come closer to Jesus Christ and feel the Spirit in their lives, and it is really a fantastic experiences.  Thank you, family, for giving me so much support and for all of the letters that I got this week.  You all are awesome, and I love your guts!
 
Sincerely,
Elder Jon Hendrik Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment