Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week #16

Dearest Family,

Since Peter is a sous chef in training, I have an authentic Southern Biscuits recipe for him.  I got this recipe from a family that we had dinner with, and they are about as southern as it gets.  I hope he enjoys it.
7Up Biscuits
4 cups Bisquick
1 cup sour cream
1 cup 7Up
1/2 cup melted butter
So you put the butter in a pan and set it in a hot oven and let the butter melt.  Mix the other ingredients together and then just slap a few dollops of the mix into the pan and let it cook until they are golden brown.
 
Yeah, like I said, that family was pretty southern and redneck.  For dinner the other night we ate fried deer meat, and the deer was one that they had hit with their car by accident a couple of days before and just decided to bring it home.  It was soo awesome.  The Lehmans are awesome, and I am pretty sure that a future goal of mine is to come back to Georgia after the mission and live the Georgian backcountry life for a year or so.  Just for the experience, because I really love it here, except for the gnats.
 
But they are moving me out of Georgia now.  Transfers came in this morning and they are moving me to Marianna, Florida.  I have heard from the other missionaries in my district that it is a pretty awesome area, so I am excited to get there.  But I am sad to leave behind Valdosta.  It has been a lot of fun, mostly because of the people that we have met.  There are so many interesting and goofy people here; like I've said there is a very unique southern culture.  No visa deets yet.
 
Speaking of people, our investigator Yvonne Garcia was baptized on Saturday!  She is a great person and is going to be a great contribution to the ward here.  I think I told you before, but she used to be a hard drug addict, but was able to overcome it based on a 12-step program of spiritual counseling.  She bore her testimony at here baptismal service, and said that as soon as she began meeting with us and reading from the Book of Mormon that her understanding of a higher power was clarified and she felt a void in her spirit being filled.  It was so fantastic to see the way that she has changed and it really was a witness of how powerful the Atonement is in bringing people back into the fold of God.
 
Also, did all of you have the chance to go to that missionary leadership conference yesterday?  If you didn't, get on the internet and do so immediately, because it was absolutely amazing.  It talks a lot about how church members can do their own missionary work to help the work move forward.
 
Well, I don't have too much to say to you goobs, but just know that I love your guts.  Time is going by so fast, and I'll be back in no time.
 
Sincerely,
Elder Vawdrey

No comments:

Post a Comment