Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Week #53

Why, Hello...

Sorry for my somewhat poopy letter last week.  Like I said, I was being a bit ungrateful for the blessings that we've been receiving, but I'm a lot more optimistic about these upcoming weeks.  

We've had a pretty eventful week.  I think the highlight was probably our multi-zone conference with President Brum.  I'm gonna be honest, that guy scares me.  But he's the only man I've ever met that scares you at the same time that you want to give him a hug.  He's very stern and strict with obedience, yet shows that he really cares.  I think he is a very good example of how it is going to be like arriving at the judgment day in front of Heavenly Father and our Savior.  They don't tolerate any sort of sin, which can be scary, but at the same time you want their approval of your work.

We've been teaching Ana Paula and Jánder some more, and things are going really well.  Ana Paula's commitment to quit smoking is stronger than ever, and I'm sure that she'll be able to get things worked out.  They are absolutely great; probably my favorite family that I've met on my mission.  They have so much faith and are already doing missionary work to help bring other people to church.  It's super cool.  We were super blessed to get the chance to teach them.

So I am currently in Ribeirão Preto.  I thought I would mix things up a bit and join the mission choir, and today is our first practice.  After some somewhat stressful traveling issues, my companion and I arrived here late for the practice, but it turned out really well for us.  Elder Woolstenhulme isn't going to sing, so he is with some other missionaries, probably chilling at the mall.  I think it'll be good to throw a little bit of color on my missionary canvas, if it wasn't already colorful enough.

We've also been teaching a family of three, Cármen, Franciele, and Francisco, which has been going pretty well the other day.  We were reviewing the Restoration the other day, and I realized how strange our message can sound.  If it wasn't for the Spirit, and if it weren't the truth, I think we would be in trouble.

Oh, btw, I had an idea for a book.  I get a lot of book ideas on the mission.  But I can't tell you, because it's a secret.  Can't be throwing out ideas for book pirates to nab up.

Y'all are the best,
Love,
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment